One year limited warranty
Your new home is warranted by the builder for a period of up to one year from the date of closing or occupancy, whichever shall come first. There are several parts of this limited warranty and some things to be done to affect this warranty are the responsibility of the new owners.
The details of your new home warranty are described below:
1. For a period of one (1) year following the closing/occupancy date, the floors, ceilings, walls, and other internal structural components of the dwelling which are not covered through other portions of the limited warranty will be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
2. For a period of one (1) year following the closing/occupancy date, the plumbing, electrical, wiring, heating and air conditioning systems will be free of defects in material and workmanship.
3. For a period of one (1) year following the closing/occupancy date, the roof will be free of leaks caused by defects in material and workmanship.
4. For a period of one (1) year following the closing/occupancy date, the following items will be free of defects in materials and workmanship: doors (including hardware), windows (insulated glass is covered under manufactures’ warranties), electrical switches, receptacles and fixtures, caulking around exterior openings, plumbing fixtures, and cabinet work.
5. Cosmetic deficiencies must be reported within thirty (30) days of closing/occupancy and said deficiency shall be corrected by the builder within a reasonable period of time not to exceed thirty (30) days depending on weather conditions and scheduling of subcontractors.
6. Manufacturers’ warranties: builder/seller assigns and passes through to the purchaser the manufacturer’s warranties on all appliances and equipment. The following are examples of such appliances and equipment: range, dishwasher, microwave, garage door opener, garbage disposal.
Exclusions from coverage
Exclusions from Coverage Builder/seller does not assume responsibility for any of the following, all of which are excluded from this limited warranty.
1. Defects in appliances and pieces of equipment, which are covered by manufacturers’ warranties, builder/seller has assigned these warranties and has or will reveal place of purchase. Purchaser should follow the procedure in these warranties and/or contact distributor if defects appear in such items.
2. Damage due to ordinary wear and tear, abusive use or lack of proper maintenance of the dwelling.
3. Defects which are the result of characteristics common to the material used, such as but not limited to warping and deflection of wood, fading, chalking, and cheeking of paint due to 2 of 2 sunlight, cracks due to drying and curing of concrete, stucco, plaster, bricks, and masonry, drying, shrinking, and cracking or caulking and weather stripping.
4. Defects in items installed by purchaser or anyone else except builder/seller or (if requested by builder/seller) builder’s/seller’s subcontractors.
5. Loss of or damage to the property due to the elements.
6. Conditions resulting from condensation on, or expansion or contraction of materials such as door trim.
7. Consequential or incidental damages.
Repairs Upon receipt of purchaser’s report of defect, if the defective item is covered by this limited warranty, builder/seller will repair or replace equal product at no extra charge to purchaser within sixty (60) days (longer if weather condition, labor problems, or material shortages cause delays). Builder/seller or subcontractors chosen by builder/seller will do the work. The choice between repair and replacement is that of the builder/seller.